Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week Recap

This week we started a few new menu items at the restaurant, gone are the pig tail raviolis, rabbit, turbot, mussel, and trout dishes. We have replaced them and as soon as I get the menu I will post it.
Also this past week, I started to work the amuse station with Sean, I was plating everything up while Sean was slicing the fish. Chef Michael came up to me Saturday and told me I did a great job on Friday and to keep up the great job. Saturday I didn't disappoint either, Sean and I noticed that the second seating of the kitchen table two of the people couldn't eat fish, so we had to come up with another course. Bam it hit us Sunchoke Ravioli's with a sunchoke foam. I made the pasta dough since I am the pasta man and also made the filling with some sage. Before service we gave Chef Michael one and he just looked at us and smiled and said " wow". I was telling Sean that should be our new vegetable amuse dish. We got great reviews from everyone that had them.
Also I made the family meal on Friday, I made Bison Burgers with sunny side up egg and roasted garlic aioli while Eric made breakfast potatoes and Lindsey made caramelized onions and the dessert was fig pie. Everybody raved about the seasoning of the burgers and even a purveyor said it was the best burger he had in Chicago.
This week I realized that Eric and I have so much in common, this past weeks convo's have been about Pogs, Green Days first album, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Moby, Fat tire beer, Darrius Rucker, and so much more.
That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment