Sunday, October 3, 2010

This Week.

This week at work I got to do a few things that I haven't yet.
Tuesday- Prepped Garde Manger stations and helped out a few other stations. We had 40 covers and it went smooth.
Wednesday- The entire kitchen staff were summoned to the garden by Chef Trotter, he was wearing a baseball cap, and a track suit. He was letting us know a few things about the excellence program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAK_j2PuKxU) He was telling us what to expect and how we should approach presenting to the group. Chef then picked out a few people to present a course and tell the group what excellence is to us and such. Chef Trotter said "Bill is going to present the Poularde Course" When service started the poularde course was number 3 for the group, I helped plate it up and got ready to present to the group of 20. A few of the questions from the group were " What is your favorite food?, How long have you know you wanted to be a chef, Why did you come to Charlie Trotters" and a few more questions like that. It went good.
We had a few guest chefs this week, Michael was our guest chef on Friday and he really helped me out. He also gave me a few good suggestions for eating out, if I ever have the time. As a guest chef you help the kitchen team with a little prep and also get to try a few courses with wine pairings.
Saturday- In addition to rolling out my pasta dough I made the night before and making ravioli's, Helped HeeJew with Garde Manger set up and helped pastry and amuse with prep. The kitchen table was booked both for the early seating and late seating. During service James told me there was a kid dining and I needed to make pasta on the fly. I had the dough made in about 4 minutes. I then cut it and put in boiling water and after about 2-3 minutes had the olive oil and freshly grated parm and chives and tossed it and plated it. The server said the kid loved it. We also left around 1:30, which is nice and early on a saturday night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill, it's Michael. I had a great time on Friday! The entire staff was wonderful, and I'm glad we got to meet. I have a couple of questions that I'd like to ask you; drop me a line if you get the chance. Here is my contact info:

    me-at-michaelrobertmiles.com
    www.facebook.com/miles120

    Thanks again for being such a great host and best of luck.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Bill, sounds like you are having a lot of fun and learning some incredible approaches to food and food preparation. I am hoping I can come up and see you so I can dine at Trotters.

    ReplyDelete