Friday, September 3, 2010

Local 127

On Thursday 9/2 I dined at Local 127 in downtown for the first time. Local 127 is a New American Eatery.
The hostess at the stand was very nice, and was talking to me about my day or lack thereof.
We sat down towards the kitchen, and I noticed that there were only seven other tables in the restaurant taken. The server Jonathan came up and gave us the whole local spiel with the purveyors and everything.

On the left is the Chef's sampling from the cured and pickled.
I liked the Chicken Liver mousse&pears the most. On the right is from the daring, it is pickled hogs tongue with other garnishments.
What a great way to start off the night.
Next was House made Gnocchi with mushrooms, spinach and parmesan cream and a caesar salad.













For the Large I had the Scallops which were with Turnip foam, fried green tomato and brown butter. My dad got the Chicken and rice 3 ways with tomato and almonds.









Next was Dessert and I got the Cheesecake with Sweet Basil and in house preserves










I also got the local cheese plate and it was really good.
Overall this was a great meal and the service was also great. Two of the bussers noticed me from the Taco Truck so were talking almost the entire night.
Check this place out. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment