Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving and More

So this was my first ever thanksgiving not surrounded by family, instead I was surrounded by Trotter's family. I got invited to Thanksgiving dinner by Kayleigh and was told there was going to be around 8 of us there. When I arrived, the girls didn't want anything to do with the turkey so I dove in head first to tackle the turkey assignment. I got out the spices they had it was a very limited selection that included ground pepper, garlic salt, dried thyme, sage leaves and cloves. I just seasoned the turkey with the garlic salt and ground pepper and massaged the legs and thighs. I put the turkey in a 400 degree oven to get a nice crisp skin and then turned the oven down to let the turkey cook. While the turkey was in the oven everyone else showed up, we played apples to apples, and I won both times. The turkey and the sides were great, everyone remarked how it was the best turkey they have had, I was happy with those comments as I am my harshest critic.
The week prior to thanksgiving Chef Michael gave myself and ric the other intern the responsibility of prepping all the sides for Trotters to go, we were prepping the entire week and cut over 100 pounds of carrots, cleaned 3 cases of brussel sprouts, cut 16 cases of haricot verts, and also cut over 50 loaves of bread for stuffing. I also did a few other things for thanksgiving at Trotters to go.

Overall it was a good thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment