Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update

So, its been a few weeks since I have posted a new entry, I am still alive and doing great. I recently had a stage(unpaid day of work) at the Palace downtown and I have one lined up for this friday at another great restaurant downtown. Meanwhile I have been calling a lot of people from the Research Chefs Association(RCA) trying to find an internship/co-op for the spring qtr. I have had some luck getting names of companies that are accepting internships and such and my instructor at school this past week even set me up with a company down in Florida and I talked to the research chef last night for forty five minutes and it seems like a great fit, the company is growing and they need a bright culinary mind like myself.
Also I went and visited my sister, brother in law and nephew up in Brooklyn over the mlk holiday, what a great time had by all. I enjoyed spending so much time with family, and my nephew is getting huge, and he eats everything. I know when I was 19 months I probably wasn't eating a fourth of the foods he is. While visiting, we all got the chance to go to eatly by mario batali, what a great concept. We were all amazed by the space, so many different Italian restaurants and plus meat counter, fish section, pasta section, gelato section, dessert section. It is a spot for everybody to check out, I can not do justice just writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment